It has been way too long since the last update. But I am going to change that - from now on, I will publish news regarding my flutes and interesting insights into everyday workshop life on a regular base. 

Integrating a CNC mill into my workflow was a good decision, the machine helps me a lot keeping things that matter acoustically within very small tolerances, like tone holes for example. Furthermore it makes the fabrication of storage boards for specialised tools and little workshop helpers much easier, and making ten of them ist just as much work as making one - the joys of computer controlled machinery! The inlays of my wooden flute cases are CNC-machined as well, ensuring a snug fit. But this isn't the end - every day I'm exploring new uses for the machine.

crowns_tn.jpgAfter making 121 flutes, I still haven't stopped trying new things. Since I started I always liked to play with the design of the headjoint crown. In the beginning I used concentric lines turned into the crown face, later I tried various shapes, from traditional resembling Rudall & Rose flutes to futuristic patterns. For the last 30 flutes or so I finally found my own style that I also like to see as my signature now, and which repeats at the foot joint of the flute. The good thing about it is that it looks nice form the start, but you can customise it a lot, and this is how the crowns on the right came into life. 

I am offering this design consisting of silver, two different timbers and optional paua shell discs now as an option. But still, all sorts of combinations are possible and I'm happy to try your design! 

This is it for now - but a lot more things have happened here in the last two years and I'll report on those later. Just check back regularly!